Monday, July 16, 2007

Fake "Religious" ideologies??

WELL, here's something I'd shared on another online forum, regarding religion, religious ideologies & unwanted differences created in the name of religion.....

We were discussing about whether people from other faiths or religions should be 'allowed' in temples, and vice-verca....

I , for one, have very much visited "Haji Ali" Dargah, the "Mount Mary" Church in Mumbai, apart from various other places of worship of other religions.... across India. I'm a staunch believer in God, & find myself very much comfortable in visiting or praying at religious places run by ANY religion. Finally, all our prayers reach the same GOD, our one & only creator who runs the show here.... I see no point in discriminating over religion, definitely not, as far as praying is concerned!!

During college days, I used to visit the Hanuman temple in our college campus everyday. There were many of my friends, who were Christians, who used to come along with me just for eating the Prasadam (delicious edible offerings made to God, & distributed freely to people), & stand outside the temple & ask me to serve them the Chundal prasadam (delicious salty/spicy dish made from grams, garnished with chillies, coriander, mustard & coconut) over the fence.

Shameless enough, in my opinion! They just can't come inside, not even for the sake of taking the prasadam!! (NOTE: The temple had no rules prohibiting anyone from coming to the temple.... it was purely these friends' problem, that they refused to enter the temple, citing religion issues, while they relished the Prasadam shamelessly!)

And all throughout, I used to try & make them understand, that when I had no issues visiting Churches with them, why they must make such a big Fuss about the whole issue! Foolish Mentality! :sigh:

No comments: